Arran Henderson – Tour Guide
Aran Henderson is a tour guide based in Dublin. Unlocking the exciting stories of Dublin’s past with his Dublin Decoded tours. Specialising in a wide range of different types of history tours. A full look in to specific tours are available on the Dublin Decoded website.
Find tours on Dublin Decoded at: https://dublindecoded.com/
1. When did you decide you wanted to become a tour guide? Was there a particular “Aha!” moment?
As well as working in the arts, in journalism and the film business, I often worked as a teacher for many years (a mix of Art History and English language, mostly) and designed museum tours and city tours for a few schools. Once I was leading tours for schools, I dsicovered a real love for it. So I wondered “Why not for other people too?” The rest is history!
2. What makes a great tour group for you?
I reckon there are three ingredients. First, a fascinating part of the city (there are so many!) full of great buildings, with layers of history and a few hidden, unknown stories. Second, a group that is fully engaged, interested and curious, maybe even, hopefully, with a sense of fun! And finally a guide who knows the city inside-out, with its complex layers of history; and who can create a sense of energy, curiosity and fun on the tour!
3. What parts of your tour still excite you?
4. Every guide brings unique strengths or special interests to their tour. What are yours?
5. Where in Ireland do you want to travel that you haven’t gone yet?